ABODA is the premier professional development organisation for ensemble directors in Australia. Our events and resources service conductors of string ensembles, orchestras, bands, jazz bands and musical theatre across educational and community contexts.
We have state chapters across the country, with our Victorian chapter also serving conductors Tasmania.
Our professional development events include:
- conducting masterclasses
- providing 1-on-1 feedback to conductors at the Victorian Schools Music Festival
- workshops on topics such as pedagogy, rehearsal techniques, score study and repertoire selection
- the annual Conducting Summer School – a weeklong intensive with international clinicians
Find out what else a Membership gets you.
ABODA Victorian Branch is committed to creating a welcoming and safe environment for all members of our community including ABODA members, clinicians and guests. The following policy documents outline the organisation’s commitment to upholding the law and highest personal standards to protect children.
- ABODA Victoria Child Safety and Wellbeing Policy
- ABODA Victoria Child Safety Code of Conduct
- ABODA Victoria Child Safety Responding and Reporting Obligations Policy and Procedure
We are a non-profit, incorporated organisation run by a committee of generous volunteers.
President: Amanda Morrison
Vice President: Erin Ellenburg
Secretary & Membership Co-ordinator: Stephanie French
Treasurer: Jarrod Butler
General Committee: Ashleigh Yeates, Katy Daivis, Ryan Parks, Viv Doolan
Claudia Barker, Stephen Carpenter, Andrew Dale, Roy Hamilton, Joanne Heaton, Chris Henzgen, Brian Hogg, Andrew Mathers, Monte Mumford, Andrew Van Gemert, Nancy Waddington, Rob Wagner, Roland Yeung
General enquiries: email@example.com